You will learn that a consistent approach in supporting people provides a stable and nurturing environment. We believe that all behaviour is communication being driven by experiences and emotions and our approach is 95% understanding behaviours, using preventative strategies and encouraging de-escalation. There may still be a need to manage physical risk on a variety of levels and you will learn how to safely apply fully risk assessed physical interventions.
Following a training needs analysis, we will create a bespoke set of modules that will equip everyone within the team with the confidence and strategies needed to support positive behaviour cultures.
Our training covers how to develop effective supports to help those in distress by:
• understanding behaviours and communication approaches
• considering the impact of trauma and ACEs on an individual
• understanding the different stages of crisis and planning proactive responses to de-escalate and reduce conflict
• developing effective person-centred strategies to nurture positive behaviour environments
• implementing legislative frameworks and guidance
• identifying risk behaviours and responding to distressed young people appropriately and proportionately
• building and restoring relationships
• post incident support and learning