Our courses equip individuals with a range of de-escalation and positive behaviour strategies delivered by expert trainers with extensive experience in both education and health and social care settings.
We offer a range of training options suitable for low to high-risk settings, including:
- Mainstream early years, primary and secondary schools
- SEND schools
- Pupil Referral Units
- Children’s hospitals
- Secure units
- Health care settings
- Adult learning and residential homes
- Children’s homes
- Older adult services
- Day services
With our award-winning training, all the professionals in your organisation will have the skills and strategies they need to support distressed individuals, from front-line staff to reception and support employees.
The 5-day Intermediate trainer programme provides you with the full suite of Team Teach behaviour strategies, including all the required theory and the physical intervention skills to support risk behaviours.
You’ll be able to support your staff team and the individuals in your care with:
- a wide range of positive behaviour support and de-escalation strategies
- a toolkit of physical interventions, both non-restrictive and restrictive
- post-incident restorative approaches and support.
This course provides you with a tried and trusted training framework and covers best practice, planning, risk assessments and relationship building, so you can reduce risk and unnecessary restrictive practices in your setting.
You will gain:
- An in-depth understanding of behavioural support strategies
- Skills, knowledge and understanding to deliver training sessions
- Continued professional development to enhance your knowledge and skills
- Develop your presentation and communication skills
- Increase your understanding and awareness of behaviour as communication
- The opportunity to develop your leadership role within your organisation
Many organisations find having their own in-house behaviour champions, trained and certified to deliver Team Teach courses in positive behaviour support to all their colleagues, an incredibly convenient and cost-effective way to provide on-going quality CPD throughout the year, whenever there’s a requirement.
- A cost-effective way to train larger teams
- A consistent approach to positive behaviour training that isn’t reliant on external courses
- Develop a shared culture, understanding and vocabulary around behaviour
- Ongoing professional development for staff that fits into your schedule
- An understanding and awareness of behaviour as communication and the strategies to de-escalate challenging situations
- Develop a framework to reduce risk and unnecessary restrictive practices
- Training that is specific to the unique needs of your setting
- Responsive training options that are unaffected by staff turnover
- The reassurance that all training meets relevant legal standards and expectations
It’s easy to book onto a Team Teach behaviour support training course. We have a wide range of dates and locations available across the UK. Individuals can be booked onto any of the courses that are running across the country. Alternatively, for larger groups, get in touch to discuss holding Team Teach training at your venue.
To book a public course: Use our search tool to browse the dates and locations of our face-to-face and virtual courses. It’s simple to book online using a credit card or generate an invoice for your employer.
To book a private course: Register your interest by filling in our simple enquiry form and we’ll be in touch to discuss your training requirements. One of our experienced lead trainers will arrange a further consultation to discuss your needs in more detail and arrange dates for the delivery of the course.
Unsure which course you need?
Fill in our simple enquiry form and we’ll be in touch to recommend the best course for your individual needs and setting.
Flexibility: Choose from public courses across the UK or private sessions at a venue of your choice. Tailored to all levels, our training is available onsite, online, during the day, twilight, or weekends, fitting seamlessly into your schedule.