Our 2-day online facilitator course in behaviour support for families is available for individuals who already hold Level 1 Team Teach training and work with parents and carers of children and young people in Education and Health & Social Care Settings.
Anyone who works directly with parents and carers would benefit from this course, which explores ways to work effectively with families to support their child’s behaviour. This course is also suitable for senior leaders looking to develop parental engagement and positive behaviour support for families at an organisational level.
Why do participants need a Team Teach Level 1?
Prior to attending the training, participants must possess a current and in date Team Teach certificate. This requirement ensures that you have already received training in Team Teach’s de-escalation methodology.
Our methodology encompasses improved safety through non-harmful behaviour support techniques, reduced physical restraints (with an emphasis on de-escalation strategies being 95% of our focus), enhanced communication skills, knowledge of legal and ethical considerations, and personal safety awareness.
This training equips participants with vital skills for effectively managing behaviours that challenge while prioritising the wellbeing of both the participant and the children and young people they work with.
If you do not currently hold a certificate, a one-day virtual Team Teach Level One training course is available for completion at any time before you commence your Family Engagement training course.
Delivered by our expert trainers with current experience supporting families, this course equips individuals with an understanding of how the Team Teach approach to supporting behaviour can be shared with parents and carers through family workshops and My Family Coach resources. This creates a shared understanding of behaviour as communication and supports families with effective strategies they can use at home.
This training explores the challenges and opportunities faced when working with families and how to create an effective programme of support. This includes a family workshops package, My Family Coach resources, and the My Family Journal app, that can be used for ongoing parental engagement. Participants will work collaboratively to plan and present modules from the family workshops, sharing ideas and experience with the group.
Participants will receive:
- A family workshop presentation slide deck
- A package of supporting resources for delivering family workshops
- Access to My Family Coach resources and journal app
- Understand the challenges and opportunities when working with families, including barriers to communication, negative perceptions, and ways to increase parent/ carer engagement
- Consider how the Team Teach approach can help families understand and support their child’s behaviour
- Identify next steps for improving accessibility to information and consider the effectiveness of current parental engagement strategies for supporting children’s behaviour
- Work with families to identify where My Family Coach resources can support understanding of behaviour as communication
- Create a programme of support tailored to the unique needs of a setting utilising the My Family Coach suite of resources
- Facilitate family workshops to parents and carers, using My Family Coach supporting resources underpinned by the Team Teach philosophy and approach to behaviour
Our 2-day online course in behaviour support for families provides individuals with practical, interactive training, designed to equip participants with a toolkit of strategies to use when working with parents and carers. It supports parental engagement through a wide range of My Family Coach supporting resources and promotes a shared understanding of behaviour as communication.
Please note that individuals must have valid Level 1 Team Teach training certification (or beyond) to participate in this course. This training takes the philosophy of Team Teach and identifies how core messages can be shared with families to better support children’s behaviour, therefore an understanding of the Team Teach approach is essential.
- Module 1: Building Trusting Relationships
- Module 2: Listening & Learning
- Module 3: Family workshops
- Module 4: Planning a family workshop (group project)
- Module 5: Where does behaviour come from?
- Module 6: Presenting a module of a family workshop (group presentation)
- Module 7: Communication & Connection
- Module 8: Community & Working Together
- Module 9: Action planning and next steps
This training is delivered virtually allowing you to learn from the comfort of your home or workplace.
Please contact us if you would like to make an enquiry about training in person at a venue provided by your organisation.
It’s easy to book onto a Team Teach positive behaviour training course. We have a wide range of dates and locations available across the UK. Individuals can be booked onto any of the courses that are running across the country. Alternatively, for larger groups, get in touch to discuss holding Team Teach training at your venue.
To book a course: Use our search tool to browse the dates and locations of our face-to-face and virtual courses. It’s simple to book online using a credit card or generate an invoice for your employer.
For in-house training: Register your interest by filling in our simple enquiry form and we’ll be in touch to discuss your training requirements. One of our experienced lead trainers will arrange a further consultation to discuss your needs in more detail and arrange dates for the delivery of the course.
Unsure which course you need? Fill in our simple enquiry form and we’ll be in touch to recommend the best course for your individual needs and setting.